Toyota has entered the premium hatchback segment with the launch of the Glanza. The Toyota Glanza is the rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The prices for the Toyota Glanza start at ₹7.22 lakh. Are you planning to buy the Toyota Glanza? If yes, here are the pros and cons of the Glanza, which will help you to make the right choice.
Toyota Glanza pricing
The Toyota Glanza is offered in two trims: G and V. The base manual variant is priced at ₹7.22 lakh and the top-spec CVT model costs ₹8.90 lakh. Below is the detailed pricing of the Toyota Glanza.
Toyota Glanza engine specifications
The Toyota Glanza is offered with two petrol engines: 1.2-litre K-Series engine that produces 82bhp and 113Nm of torque and 1.2-litre K12C DualJet engine that churns out 89bhp and 113Nm of torque and it also gets mild-hybrid system. Both the engines are BS-VI compliant.
|Displacement||1.2-litre K12B||1.2-litre K12C DualJet|
|Power||82 bhp||89 bhp|
|Torque||113 Nm||113 Nm|
|Gearbox||7 - CVT/5 - MT||5 - MT|
|Mileage||19.56 kpl/21.01 kpl||23.87 kpl|
Pros or advantages of the Toyota Glanza
- Engine: Both the petrol engines offered on the Toyota Ganza comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. The K12C DualJet engine also gets a mild-hybrid system which improves fuel efficiency. The 1.2-litre K12B engine gets an optional CVT gearbox.
- After sales: Toyota is known for its quality of spares and service. The automaker also has a good network of service centers across the country. So, you can be assured that the quality of service will be top-notch.
- Warranty: The Toyota Glanza is offered with a best-in-class standard warranty of three-year/1 lakh kilometer and it can be extended up to 5-year/2.20 lakh kilometer.
Cons or disadvantages of the Toyota Glanza
- Design: The overall design of the Toyota Glanza is identical to Maruti Baleno except for the new front grille and Toyota badging. The interior design is also similar to the Baleno. So, there is nothing ‘new’ when it comes to the design of the Glanza.
- Diesel engine: There is no diesel engine option for the Glanza while its rivals are available with the diesel engine option.
- Features: The features of the Toyota Glanza remain unchanged when compared to the Baleno. Toyota was expected to offer a few additional features as compared to the Baleno. But the Glanza gets a similar set of features as the Baleno.